Tuesday 6 April 2010

Dutch Auctions


It has been great having this blog to look back on during the 15 months I have been updating it... my work has improved A LOT! That's a good thing of course, good for me and also good for buyers of my work because it means my paintings hopefully increase in value as I continue to improve and carve a name for myself.

One thing that is not so good is that, to me, some of my work rather quickly looks dated and paintings that I was proud of as little as 6 months ago are outshone by my more recent work to the extent that I know I probably won't exhibit them this year... which kind of leaves me with a number of paintings which are just going to end up stacked in my painting room! Soooo... time for a clear out!

I am going to sell most of my 2009 original work via my website using a dutch auction type system. It's very simple- one painting for sale at any one time, the price drops every week until someone buys it!

First up is 'Dark Horse', starting at £250 - you can find details on the Current Dutch Auctions page of my website.

Please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested in a bargain painting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura
    Great to see your blog, I love your understanding of the equine form - it really shows in your paintings.
    I laughed when I read this post because I can identify with it soooooo much. You're right it is good to look back at the journey you've taken and compare where you are now. It's a shame that you might leave some of your work gathering dust, but I understand the feeling. I will share with you something my husband said when I mentioned the same thing to him:
    "They only look dated because you are familiar with them, others are likely to look at them and get the same enjoyment that you did when you painted it"
    I'm still mulling that one over, but I think he may be right....
    Anyway crack on with the brilliant work :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jilly! Your husband may well be right, I think sometimes we look at things so long and so hard we don't see what is in front of our eyes!

    ReplyDelete