Sunday 4 January 2009

The beginning...

I have started this blog to keep a track of my progress as I work to improve my painting. To help spur me on I have set an ambitious goal for myself- to have at least one painting accepted into the Society of Equestrian Artists (SEA) Annual Exhibition which takes place in July.

As as 'Friend' of the SEA I am able to submit 3 paintings for consideration. Competition is incredibly tough and the standard is extremely high. No artistic assessment is required to become a Friend of the SEA but promotion to 'Associate' requires at least two works to be accepted into their Annual Exhibition three times in a five year period. If at any point within that period you do not have your work accepted you start from scratch again...

For this year at least it would be a huge achievement just to have a single painting hung in the exhibition, but my long term ambition is to become a full member of the SEA.

This blog will follow the paintings I will be working on over the next 6 months, and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment