Saturday 16 May 2009

Long overdue update!


Commissions and babies and life in general have kept me from my original work these last few months so I am now mid last minute rush to get paintings completed in time for exhibition deadlines!

I managed to finish my latest piece 'Rocket Science' this week. The subject is a striking eventer photographed by Helen Heffron whilst competing in the dressage phase of an event last year. I am very grateful to Helen for allowing me to work from her beautiful photos of him.

I have just started a further two paintings, both based on some of the many many photographs I took last weekend at Badminton Horse Trials. Fellow equestrian artist Sally Lancaster and I had a wonderful day watching the cross country and working hard to shoot as many potential decent reference photos as possible!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this piece!! I have been oggling your work on the Equine Artist's group on Facebook for a while!! You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Your work is beautiful, I was browsing it just yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete