Sunday 16 May 2010

'Sweet Disposition' FINISHED


24" x 18" ( 61cm x 46cm), oil on hardboard. Really loved painting this one! The original plan was to paint it in 'black and white' using only a mixture of burnt umber and french ultramarine, and titanium white (which I did) but I had decided this after I had began work on the support which had a base layer of burnt umber and white (kind of a pinky pale coffee colour), and it showed though the final painting in places- which I liked- so I added a bit more of it to the main highlights to bring it all together and give it a bit more depth and a touch of warmth.

First time using hardboard and I love it apart from the fact it is so darn heavy!

5 comments:

  1. I love this one Laura - definitely one of my favourites !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue! He is one of my favourites too, in fact he might be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job Laura. I like your choice of a little more color. It is just enough so that it puts that extra touch to the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gary, and I agree! Maybe a bit more colour still might improve it but I'm not brave enough to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Laura, such a great pose I like the subtle colours.

    ReplyDelete