Monday 7 February 2011

'In Passing' finished, for now.


'In Passing'
35" x 35"
Oil on box canvas, 2011

Pretty much finished now! I am a bit bored of it now so have signed it and will go back in a few months with fresh eyes so tidy it up and correct anything that needs it.

It is impossible to photograph mainly because of it's size I think, so I'm looking forward to getting it properly scanned. The colours aren't very true in this image, and the canvas is badly warped so some of his back is missing!

Really enjoyed painting this, and have learnt a lot that I hope will help with the next big one.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Laura, it would be a real challenge for me painting that big, well done. Lovely creature, and really like your handling of the background too makes it airy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam! I love painting big, gives so much more room to cram tiny details into!

    ReplyDelete