Thursday 18 August 2011

Current Projects


After a wonderful break from painting for a few weeks and fantastic holiday in Tuscany I am back in my little spare-room-studio and full of enthusiasm for lots of projects I am embarking on!

First of all I have two hunting paintings on the go, pictured above. The larger one with trees in the background is something I started a few months ago- it's the painting I seem to work on when everything else is too wet! The reason it gets a bit neglected is because it is seriously tricky!! Low winter light shining through trees and dappling all over the horses and path below. Don't expect this one will ever see the light of day as I don't think I am going to be able to pull it off but it is teaching me loads so I plan to keep going with it- always good to challenge yourself I think!

I am avaiting delivery of a bespoke Harris Moore canvas today to make a start on a very special commission that I am looking forward to getting started on! Such beautiful canvases, I am finding it well worth paying a bit extra for them as the quality speaks for itself. Hoping another art delivery will arrive today too with some new materials to play with- I have been recommended to try out some of Michael Harding's mediums and oil paints by some fellow artists whose work I admire so keen to break those open too!

Was absolutely gutted to lose a lot of the reference photographs I took this year recently. Turned out my (already replaced once!) laptop hard drive was corrupt from the start so it not only died but the back ups I had made from it had failed too. I still have low res versions of some of my favourites, that I shared online, so I think I am going to do some 7 x 5 mini paintings with them and make use of them that way. Time to start backing my most precious photos up online too I think...

Event and exhibition wise this month I have another Association of Animal Artists 'Art Rendezvous' in the diary for the 27th August at Derby House's Wrightington Store which will be another great day- shall be taking some fresh originals to go in the gallery there and doing some horsey life painting too!

2 comments:

  1. The large hunting painting looks incredible already, don't count it out too soon! Love the trees and the shadows in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria! I wish I had your faith in me! Have spend a few more hours on it today and have really enjoyed working on it- still looks pretty dodgy close up though!!

    ReplyDelete