Monday 17 January 2011

More on the big Friesian


Another update on this 35" x 35".

I had to wait nearly a week for it to dry enough to work on again, so this is just a few more hours spent applying detail in titanium white over the top. The majority of this painting will be produced using layers of white detail followed by dark glazes over the top, mainly because when I am working with just one colour I can stop and start very easily and make the most of small windows of time that I might get! I can always rely on my small children to wake up from a nap or need me for something just as I get going, so this way I can stop right away and just pick up where I left off!

3 comments:

  1. Looking great Laura, thats a big painting, its going to be very impressive)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, love the topic. We do have same interest. Love horse so much. Keep it up buddy.
    Horse For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing piece. That sheen is just to die for!

    ReplyDelete