Saturday 16 April 2011

Day 5 of 'Mounted Branch' in progress


Another three hours on this today- made a good start on the muzzle and built up the face a bit more too. I plan to try and leave the face alone now and get the rest of the horse up to speed so I can fiddle with it as a whole rather than little bits.

Once the closest horse is done I'll move the the background, then the farthest horse, and then finally I'll do the bridlework I think.

The auction of the 7" x 5" study of this painting finishes on eBay tomorrow evening- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180651911619 it's currently at £41.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to see how you progress, keep up the good work ! Do you not have problems with paint being wet/waiting for areas to dry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lois, hope your paintings are going well! I usually use alkyds for the underpainting stages plus use them really thinly so they usually dry within a day. At this stage I'm using normal oil paints but still keeping the paint very thin so it's not too bad. I generallly use paynes grey instead of black and that's a real pain... lots of drying issues with my Friesian paintings and I'll need to wait a few days before I go back to this nostril!

    ReplyDelete