Sunday 17 April 2011

Painting in the sunshine


Have been sat out in the garden doing some painting. My 365-2011 project fell by the wayside a bit but I am still really keen to keep up with my paintings from life as I really do reap the benefits in my 'normal' work in terms of my observations skills, grasp of colour and value and so on.

A pot, my husband, and some dandelions! Although obviously the painting of my husband is dreadful I was actually quite pleased with it! First time I have attempted a 'people' painting (not counting my failed attempts at sketching my two boys who never sit still for longer than a second) and it turned out better than I expected! Onwards and upwards...


2 comments:

  1. Very nice, the portrait of your husband and the potted plant are my favorites, nice to see your non horsey work as well as your horsey paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! Apart from work from life like this I very rarely paint anything but horses! Need to make more of an effort to do more horsey painting from life really!

    ReplyDelete