Monday 9 January 2012

Still Life


The palomino painting was as wet as I left it on Friday this morning so I decided to use my child-free morning to do some still life. This is a funny little white horse figurine that I have had since I was a child, I have painted it (badly) several times now, it is interesting comparing the images as I slowly improve my skills. This definitely looks more like the figurine than any of my other attempts so far! Painting from life all prima is not something I find easy, but it teaches me a great deal!

Wondering about getting a realistic horse model and using that to practice painting the form of a horse from life, think it might be useful!


.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean like a horse mannequin? I've got one I'm selling if so! Or if you mean an actual horse, I can provide one of those too lol!

    ReplyDelete