Wednesday 19 August 2009

'Idalgo'


Almost there! Quite a bit of tidying up left to do on the tack and rider but the horse is pretty much done. I'm not totally happy with it and think I will be a little bit disappointed with the end result but have got to the stage where I'm starting to make things worse not better so time to call it a day I think, and move on to the next project. The sky has much more blue in it in real life, for some reason the camera doesn't seem to be picking it up.

Hopefully I'll get it finished tonight and then be able to post a photo of the finished painting tomorrow when the light is better. I usually traipse around the house and garden with the painting in one hand and my camera in the other, photograph it in as many different places as possible and then pick the photo that looks most like it! Amazing the difference between the photos I end up taking, accurately photographing oil paintings is so difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment