Wednesday 9 September 2009

Charity postcards, Yarm Originals, and other bits and bobs!

I have no works in progress to share at the moment as I'm snowed under with birthday/Christmas commissions and I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's surprise!

The Society of Equestrian Artists have asked their members to donate postcard sized work to be sold at their Newmarket exhibition in October, so I have recently completed my smallest painting ever, a tiny 5" x 7" oil on canvas board. The fundraiser is looking to raise money to support paraplegic rider Debbie Hounsome in her aim to compete in the 2012 Paralympics; all postcards will be for sale for £30 each at the exhibition- a great way to support a worthy cause AND grab yourself an original piece of artwork at a bargain price too! The exhibition takes place at Palace House from the 1st to the 17th of October.

I have found it a real challenge to get my work seen locally so I'm really excited to now have some of my original paintings available for sale on the Yarm Originals website. In addition to displaying the work of a number of local artists and photographers in online galleries, Yarm Originals also run exhibitions featuring work for sale which I am very keen to get involved in. The next exhibition looks likely to be around November time, perfect timing for people looking for Christmas presents but potentially bad timing for me on the new baby front given I am due in November... we shall see! You can keep an eye on forthcoming Yarm Originals news at Janice Foley's blog here.

In between painting I have been busy preparing my huge canvas for my next big project. Lots of layers of gesso going onto the linen to hopefully create a lovely smooth surface to paint lots of tiny details on. I am longing to get started but the need to get peoples' commissioned Christmas presents completed before the new baby arrives means it must wait!

2 comments:

  1. Love your paintings! I look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Sally, I was admiring your work yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete