Friday, 30 April 2010
'Into the Buttercups'
This one has a title now and is not far off finished. Not quite sure where the buttercups came from... I messed on and on with the background trying to go for a blurry kind of grass but it really wasn't happening! I think I ended up dabbing spots of yellow on to blend in to the grass to warm it up a bit and before I knew it they were in a field of buttercups.
They look quite ghostly at the moment waiting for glazes of browns and blues to go over the highlights I have added to their coats. They should be dry enough to work on again tomorrow but I'm (weather permitting!) setting off for Badminton so it will probably have to wait until I get home on Monday now.
'Dark Horse' went down to £170 today, week 5 of the auction...
Posted by Laura Barber-Riley at 15:50