Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Dutch Auctions


It has been great having this blog to look back on during the 15 months I have been updating it... my work has improved A LOT! That's a good thing of course, good for me and also good for buyers of my work because it means my paintings hopefully increase in value as I continue to improve and carve a name for myself.

One thing that is not so good is that, to me, some of my work rather quickly looks dated and paintings that I was proud of as little as 6 months ago are outshone by my more recent work to the extent that I know I probably won't exhibit them this year... which kind of leaves me with a number of paintings which are just going to end up stacked in my painting room! Soooo... time for a clear out!

I am going to sell most of my 2009 original work via my website using a dutch auction type system. It's very simple- one painting for sale at any one time, the price drops every week until someone buys it!

First up is 'Dark Horse', starting at £250 - you can find details on the Current Dutch Auctions page of my website.

Please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested in a bargain painting!