Saturday 17 October 2009

Dales Mini Paintings


I have started a series of 5 very small paintings based on photographs I took at the wonderful Nipna Dales Pony Stud over the summer.

Two of the paintings are underway, the one pictured above is a very tiny 5" x 5" and just has the finer details left to go on before it's finished. The one below is 5" x 10" and halfway through having it's background painted in (it's of a beautiful fluffy foal lying down in case you can't make it out!).

These little paintings have been perfect to potter about with inbetween work on commissions, I am very much enjoying them!

2 comments:

  1. I love these small paintings, beautiful detail also in such a small format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erik! They are good fun and I'm enjoying the challenge of getting the details in!

    ReplyDelete