Sunday 25 October 2009

Dales Mini Paintings


I have got the bulk of the background done on the 8" x 8" pictured above, and roughly sketched in the darkest values on the ponies themselves.

I have made a very quick start to the smallest of these mini paintings below- 4" x 5"! The background colours have been very crudely blocked in ready for some detail to start going on once dry. This tiny one, and the final painting of series (left to do, which is I think 8" x 10") are of a particularly handsome grey stallion called Bobbie who I had wonderful fun photographing in the summer- he was quite happy to strut his stuff for the camera with very little encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 4 x 5 is titchy! I love these, I have to start some myself tomorrow, they are fun to do dont you think? And very saleable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed doing them which has surprised me as usually I like working really big the most! Hopefully they will be saleable, fingers crossed!:)

    ReplyDelete