Thursday 8 October 2009

'Dark Horse' FINISHED



I thought there was plenty of work left in this but all of a sudden it was finished! I have been so engrossed in commissions requring such close attention to detail and accuracy recently it was so nice to be able to be more creative and have some fun with this one, I really enjoyed painting it!

It will now go off to the framers ready to appear at the Darlington Art Society Annual Exhibition which takes place at the Darlington Arts Centre from Saturday 31st October through to Friday the 27th November 2009. 'Between Fences' will also be available for sale there.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Laura, i think the dark background really makes him stand out, the lighting on the horse is great)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your artworks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love a dark bay with dapples. I find them difficult to paint.

    ReplyDelete