Monday 8 February 2010

'Between Chukkas, Bridlington Beach'


Some more work on the background and a start made blocking colour in on the pony. Still lots of work to do on the background but I need the subjects done really before I can see how much I need to darken the background shadowy areas up. The light and shadows in this are really strong!

I'm also working on the first of a commissioned mini series but I think I have but too much Olive Green in the background as it is taking a ridiculously long time to dry?! This one is 5"x7" and I wish it would hurry up as I'm looking forward to painting the horse in such a great pose!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the beach one I think Im gonna have to change my favourite yet again! lol!
    A mini series sounds interesting, great pose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach painting is looking lovely Laura, really like the way your painting it.

    Lovely to see my boy Beau coming along too. Cheered me up seeing how he's going after a rubbish day. Bet you're wishing you'd decided on the other background now ;)

    ReplyDelete