Tuesday 23 February 2010

'Winter Beach Polo'


The second of my polo paintings. Been working on this one on and off for a week or so in total now but haven't bothered keeping a track of it here because I'm attempting to have my first bash at time lapse photography with it (you know, those videos where it looks like things are happening super fast) so taking additional photos to put on here seems overkill!

BUT, I had to show this picture of where I am up to today as it just looks SOOOOO AWFUL lol! Now, most of my paintings go through horrendously ugly stages at the beginning but I think this one really takes the biscuit!

So far everything is just blocked in roughly so I'm not worried about it, although part of me wonders whether it will end up being a total disaster just because I have gone to all the effort of taking the time lapse photos! Only have 2 weeks left of the software trial that's enabling me to do the time lapse photography (can't afford to pay the £120 or whatever it is normally!) so thanks to my unproductive week last week I really need to get my skates on. I think I am going to have to put in some late nights to get it done alongside my commissioned works at the moment!

It's quite a big one, 36" x 24", oil on canvas.

2 comments:

  1. Hate the ugly stage on my work. I really like the design of this. Original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary, nice to hear that you like the design as I have been quite indecisive about it!

    ReplyDelete