Monday 4 January 2010

'Windswept'



Last night I quickly added a dark coloured glaze over the top (pictured below) and today my two little boys were kind enough to have a sleep at the same time so I actually managed to spend an hour sketching in the first rough highlights in white (above). Still working quickly and loosely at this stage- I can't wait to get to the stage where I can paint some fine detail. Once dry another dark glaze will go over the whole lot and I'll pick out the shadows again. I need to correct the eye, I can see that it is far too small at the moment but should be very easy to fix. The waiting between layers drying is a real pain especially when I'm keen to keep going, but it suits the other demands on my time quite well I guess!

5 hours spent so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment