Wednesday 6 January 2010

'Windswept'


Another three hours spent on this, painstakingly painting hair! I'm still working on the first layer of detailed highlights and have painted this whole layer in titanium white- once I'm finished I will apply glazes of colour over the top which will hopefully *fingers crossed* bring it all together and produce a natural looking effect ready for more detail to be added.

It's just about ready for glazing now, but having spent so much time on the hair I want to make absolutely 100% sure it's dry- daren't risk washing off all my hard work!! So, I plan to carry on working into the highlights this evening (have just started going over her neck and picking out the stronger highlights again) and waiting until tomorrow before I apply some more colour. Don't think I have ever been so nervous about applying a glaze, I just hope it gives me the effect I hope it will!

10.5 hours spent so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment